Thursday, August 27, 2009

I believe an introduction post is in order

Welcome one and all at my first blogging project. My name is J.M. and I will hopefully keep you entertained and thoughtful with my discussion of education, jobs, and the woes of the economy.

The plan is to post once a day. I promise to keep this up for the first few weeks. As the title of the blog suggestions, I am completely and utterly without work. While I have numerous applications sitting on my desk for retail, sales, and Halloween seasonal work, part of me refuses to fill them out because College-Education-J.M. does not want to apply for jobs that High-School-J.M. could have gotten without trying. Lots of loans and an expensive education four years later can make one quite stuck up it seems.

Even if I begin a part-time job this blog will continue as named, because no one wants to hear about the teacher with a job in sales. Besides, my job or lack thereof is not the point. I want to make sure I do not become so bitter or frustrated over my current situation that I question my decision to pursue an education career. Therefore this will be an academic-leaning output that will allow me to continue my development as a teacher without the classroom and students. I have high hopes.

I will post about work as well, because it is a big deal to me right now. Hope that doesn't get too dull. I promise to get this blog really up and going in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment